Scikit-learn is a free library software used by many data scientists. In this video, learn why the Python library scikit-learn is a great library for machine learning due to its large number of efficient machine learning algorithms and an easy to use API.
- [Instructor] With a host of machine learning tools … and frameworks out there why should you scikit-learn? … Scikit-learn is a very popular … open source machine learning project … which is constantly being developed and improved. … In this video, I'll share with you … some of the major advantages of scikit-learn. … First scikit-learn provides a large number … of machine learning algorithms. … This is important as programming machine learning algorithms … from scratch is not easy task. … Most models in scikit-learn … also have reasonable default values for hyper-parameters. … This means that a machine learning algorithm … might work well with little tuning. … Next, scikit-learn has a clean uniform, and streamlined API. … Scikit-learn also works well with other Python libraries, … such as NumPy, Pandas, and Mathplotlib. … Also, once you understand the basic use in syntax … of scikit-learn for one model, … switching to another is very straightforward. … Finally, the advantage of the library being popular …
This course was created by Madecraft. We are pleased to host this content in our library.
- Why use scikit-learn?
- Supervised vs. unsupervised learning
- Linear and logistic regression
- Decision trees and random forests
- K-means clustering
- Principal component analysis (PCA)