Machine learning is an exciting new technology. In this video, learn why machine learning is useful and how it can solve problems that are normally too difficult or tedious for humans to solve.
- [Narrator] What is machine learning and why is it useful? … You can think of machine learning … as a field of study that gives computers the ability … to learn from data without being explicitly programmed. … Here's an example of why machine learning is useful. … Say you have 150 flowers. … You're interested in determining which flowers are … which flower species based on a feature … like their petal length. … There are three different flower species: … Iris Setosa, Iris Versicolor, and Iris Virginica. … From analyzing the data, you can mainly write rules … to separate out the flowers from each other. … The first rule could separate … out the Setosa from the other species. … From there, you can make another rule to try … and separate out the Versicolor from the Virginica. … You're going to keep on writing rules … until you completely separate … out the flower species from each other. … For something more complicated with more features, … your program could have a very long list of complex rules. …
This course was created by Madecraft. We are pleased to host this content in our library.
- Why use scikit-learn?
- Supervised vs. unsupervised learning
- Linear and logistic regression
- Decision trees and random forests
- K-means clustering
- Principal component analysis (PCA)