Formatting is extremely important when working with data. In this video, learn how to format your data so that it is recognizable input for the Python library scikit-learn.
- Scikit-learn is a great library for creating machine … learning models from data. … Before you fit a model using scikit-learn, … your data has to be in a recognizable format. … Scikit-learn works well with numeric data … that's stored in numpy arrays. … Additionally, you can convert your data from objects … like pandas dataframes to numpy arrays. … In this video, I'll show you how you can … make your data a more acceptable input for scikit-learning. … The first thing you have to understand is what scikit-learn … expects for features matrices and target vectors. … In scikit-learn, a features matrix is a … two dimensional grid of data where rows … represent samples and columns represent features. … A target vector is usually one dimensional … and in the case of supervised learning, … what you want to predict from the data. … Let's now see an example of this. … The image is a pandas dataframe of the … first five rows of the iris dataset. … A single flower represents one row of the dataset …
This course was created by Madecraft. We are pleased to host this content in our library.
- Why use scikit-learn?
- Supervised vs. unsupervised learning
- Linear and logistic regression
- Decision trees and random forests
- K-means clustering
- Principal component analysis (PCA)