Have some fun, but first, you should learn to master the basic parameters of Maya nCloth. You can get the results you want by learning how to have full control of the fundamentals. Create simple simulation objects and change their basic properties to observe how different cloth can be. Learn how to create realistic effects, and remember to go wild and have fun!
- [Instructor] For the end of this chapter,…let's play in a sandbox.…Because now we know how to create one.…We even have many teeny parameters…that we can play with…to control and maybe to try to have fun with in class…and try to maybe achieve with it…that we would be looking.…So my goal in this video is really to…have you try to play and try to get results…but just with what we know.…Because everything we know is very important…and it's the best and you can see that…it's already a lot actually to understand…and to be able to do so many different things.…
So maybe I'm going to start and I will create a plane…because we have to be on a planet…on the ground and then it's good…to be able to have things falling…and reacting with the ground.…And maybe I can create a cube…like that…and I can go up…moving up the ground…and I will add some polygon on the cube as well.…Like that this cube will be able to deform…and have some detail and deformations appearing.…
And now we can start maybe a cloth setup.…So we can take the pPlane1…
Note: This course used Maya 2018, but the cloth simulation principles and techniques shown apply to any software.
- Maya nCloth simulation and character fx
- Creating simple 3D animations
- Cloth dynamics rigging in Maya
- nCloth examples
- Setting up collisions, dynamic properties, and scaling
- Designing clothes, flags, and curtains with nCloth
- Mastering nCloth look and feel
- Working with Maya sculpting tools
- Adding constraints
- Importing Maya caches and playblast
- Baking Maya animations