Review a summary of the course.
- [David] nCloth is a very powerful simulation tool.…Thank you for joining me in this little adventure.…I hope you enjoyed it.…You now have strong foundation on polygonal simulation.…This is exciting,…you can now set up realistic cloth dynamics…and simulate soft bodies.…Understanding the role of topology in simulation,…as well as the main parameters within the Nucleus framework.…Following this course, you can add to those skills…to complete your toolbox of creature…or character effects artist,…such as mastering the nConstraint,…developing advanced rig for nCloth,…as well as advanced technical animation.…
As you are learning and gaining experience in simulation,…I advise you to have a look…at the Maya documentation on nCloth.…And don't hesitate to come back…and check out the library every once in a while…for new courses.…Beside teaching computer graphics and cinema,…I worked in augmented and virtual reality.…You can check out my endeavors @davidzbra and @zebravr…on Twitter as well as on Instagram.…It was a great pleasure to share with you this knowledge,…
AuthorDavid F Durand
Note: This course used Maya 2018, but the cloth simulation principles and techniques shown apply to any software.
- Maya nCloth simulation and character fx
- Creating simple 3D animations
- Cloth dynamics rigging in Maya
- nCloth examples
- Setting up collisions, dynamic properties, and scaling
- Designing clothes, flags, and curtains with nCloth
- Mastering nCloth look and feel
- Working with Maya sculpting tools
- Adding constraints
- Importing Maya caches and playblast
- Baking Maya animations
Skill Level Beginner
Maya: Motion Graphics Workflow with MASHwith Scott Pagano3h 33m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started in Simulation and Character FX
Principles of dynamics5m 4s
2. Setting Up the Simulation World and Objects
3. Understanding the Look and Feel of Fabrics and Soft Bodies
4. Creating a Physically Realistic Flag
5. Production Challenges
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.