Become a master in soft bodies. The basics to all cloth simulation design. How do we control dynamic properties and collisions? By integrating the variety of dynamic properties and collisions offered to you. Let’s recap the relationship between them, using different playblasts with different dynamics and collisions for comparison you will be the master of look and feel in Autodesk Maya nCloth.
- [Narrator] Cloth dynamic is scientific…so what is the scientific method?…The scientific method is first observing…then questioning, then having a hypothesis,…then doing experiment, then having an analysis,…then moving on to conclusion and repeating the process.…So for us, in cloth dynamics,…it's a lot about comparing playblasts.…It's taking the time to analyze the simulation that we do…and understanding the parameters we changed…to try to master nCloth dynamic properties.…
So here is the base, those are the basic parameters…in nCloth in my app, and what we can do just to test things…is very simple plane like that…and compare extremes of those different…dynamic parameters to be able to understand what we do.…And since those parameters are so important,…I'm going to do it with you.…So let's explore.…The first thing we're going to look at…is the stretch dynamic properties.…And as we said, those are the values…that keep the vertex not too go much about.…
So if you look down left, you will see…that the stretch is now extremely high,…
Note: This course used Maya 2018, but the cloth simulation principles and techniques shown apply to any software.
- Maya nCloth simulation and character fx
- Creating simple 3D animations
- Cloth dynamics rigging in Maya
- nCloth examples
- Setting up collisions, dynamic properties, and scaling
- Designing clothes, flags, and curtains with nCloth
- Mastering nCloth look and feel
- Working with Maya sculpting tools
- Adding constraints
- Importing Maya caches and playblast
- Baking Maya animations