Practice is the most important. Get the files ready to have the starting and ending states of the nCloth examples. Autodesk Maya can be downloaded for free and used as trial, or you can use a license for students. You can still follow along on any mobile device.
- [Instructor] If you have access to the exercise files for this course, you can download them to your desktop. Included with this course are .ma files of the start and finish dates of the lesson needed then. In the exercise files folder you will find multiple folder name with the chapter number then the lessons number on the side. Each folder will have a begin and an end. Not all of them, but some of them only needing a beginning. In the beginning folder you will find a .ma file name with the same chapter on the cell number.
Like this one, 02_01_begin.ma, or this one in the end folder 02_01_end.ma. If you are viewing this course on a mobile device, the setup device, or your membership doesn't provide access to the exercise files, that's okay. I encourage you to still following as we go through the course. Now, let's get started.
Note: This course used Maya 2018, but the cloth simulation principles and techniques shown apply to any software.
- Maya nCloth simulation and character fx
- Creating simple 3D animations
- Cloth dynamics rigging in Maya
- nCloth examples
- Setting up collisions, dynamic properties, and scaling
- Designing clothes, flags, and curtains with nCloth
- Mastering nCloth look and feel
- Working with Maya sculpting tools
- Adding constraints
- Importing Maya caches and playblast
- Baking Maya animations