Walks through the process of understanding the MODO workflow while learning to create 3D models and animations.
- Hi, I'm Dan Ablan, and I'd like to welcome you to modo 501 Essential Training. Luxology's modo has quickly become and continues to be one of the most powerful and widely used 3D applications on the market today. In this course, we're going to cover navigation through the modeling tools and the Shader Tree. And we'll explore the workflow that has made modo so popular. You'll see how to model with both polygons and subdivision surfaces and use the Shader Tree to apply materials. We'll look at how to set up scenes with various objects, then animate them using key frames while editing motions in the Graph Editor.
Beyond the basics, I'll show you how to create lighting for product shots, environmental lighting, and even volumetric lighting. Finally, we'll render the animation for various playback media. I've been using modo since version 1.0 way back in 2004, and I'm happy to share this knowledge with you. Now, let's get started with modo 501 Essential Training.
- Understanding surfaces and symmetry
- Editing polygons
- Shaping, deforming, and cloning objects
- Working with text
- Instancing objects
- Applying procedural and image-mapped textures
- Adding bump maps
- Creating reflections
- Working with different light types
- Blending light sources
- Setting up and animating cameras
- Adding and controlling keyframes
- Creating hair textures
- Working with the painting and sculpting tools
- Setting up inverse kinematics
- Exporting a full scene
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started in MODO 501
2. Modeling with Polygons
3. Modeling with Subdivisions
4. Using Other Modeling Methods
5. Creating Surfaces
7. Working with 3D Cameras
8. Building an Animation
9. Creating Hair
10. Painting and Sculpting
11. Using Schematic Tools
12. Rendering Animations
Setting up a render project4m 51s
13. Finishing Up
Exporting an object1m 2s
Next steps2m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.