Modeling for Product Visualization in MODO
In this intermediate workshop, author, designer, and educator Ellery Connell will help you hone your modeling skills to create realistic product visualizations in MODO 601. Get hands-on examples using both polygonal and SubD modeling in MODO, as well as sculpting, retopology, and the dynamic physics simulator Recoil. Plus, learn how to quickly flesh out ideas and prototypes, add clean and precise details to your models, and create complete scenes that include elements such as particles, lighting, and cloth. This is a hands-on workshop where you can discover and practice techniques using real-world models.
- Intro to 3D for product visualization
- Benefits of polygonal modeling
- Polygonal modeling techniques
- Modeling with SubDs and PSubs
- Sculpting concepts and retopology
- Setting the scene
- Building geometry for particle generation
- Particle generation tools
- Using blobs
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Ellery Connell, author, designer, and educator. I have nearly 20 years of experience creating 3D for print, web, visualization, visual effects, and game design. I've taught seminars, webinars, training videos and university-level courses in 3D modeling, animation and visual effects, and I'm author of the book 3D For Graphic Designers. Over the years, I've found that many of my best clients have been excellent designers who don't have the 3D skills necessary to complete portions of their projects that require a 3D skillset. This opens up a great market for both 3D artists looking for a marketable use for their skills, as well as graphic artists and designers that are looking for a leg up on their competition.
This series will help you to hone your modeling skills for creating clean and precise detail, and also use modo as a virtual lump of clay to flesh out ideas and prototypes quickly, and then get them ready for use in visualizations. We'll cover polygonal and sub-D modeling, as well as sculpting, retopology, and even modeling with recoil, the dynamic physics simulator in modo. After watching this course and practicing the techniques demonstrated, you'll be ready to create clean and professional models, as well as complete scenes for showing off your models.
These will give you all of the pieces you need to start texturing and lighting your visualizations in complete 3D scenes. I hope that you enjoy this training. Let's get started.
Creating Product Shots in MODO38,337 Views
ZBrush 3 for Windows Essential Training288,360 Views
Vue 6 xStream Essential Training167,040 Views
Sculpting Portraits in ZBrush63,210 Views
GMUNK's 3D-Rendered Geometric Art Series: Start to Finish11,597 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,678,359 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery302,647 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Advanced392,295 Views
Edge Animate Essential Training632,647 Views
iOS 8 App Development with Swift 1 Essential Training1,024,214 Views