mocha 3 Essential Training
Imagineer Systems mocha is the Swiss army knife of the compositing and VFX world. Using its planar tracker, you can get great motion tracking data from very complex footage, even tracking through motion blur. The results can be used to drive lots of different effects, from match moving and image stabilization to corner pins for screen replacement or background enhancements. Learn to motion track your own footage with mocha, and use its rotoscoping tools to create complex masks and roto splines, in this course with Ben Brownlee. Ben also provides an upfront quick start guide for VFX designers that just need a quick refresher, and walks through Correct Lens Distortion and Camera Solver, advanced modules in mocha AE and mocha Pro. Regardless of your skill level, these tutorials will prepare you to confidently use mocha to solve different motion tracking challenges.
This course was created and produced by Ben Brownlee. We are honored to host this content in our library.
- Setting up preferences
- Understanding the planar tracker
- Creating your first project and first track
- Tracking rotation
- Tracking objects that move off-screen
- Using the Shear and Perspective tools
- Exporting tracking data to After Effects, Motion, or Final Cut Pro
- Creating a fast rotospline
- Creating complex mask shapes efficiently
- Correcting for lens distortion in your footage
- Generating a 3D camera solve
- [Voiceover] Hello and welcome to Mocha Essential Training. My name's Ben Brownlee from Curious Turtle, and over the next few hours, we're going to be looking at Mocha and seeing what it has to offer us, not only in terms of motion tracking that we're going to use for doing corner pins and match moving, but also for shape creation and helping to create some quite complex roto-splines and roto-shapes really, really quickly. If you're working with Mocha Pro or the standalone version of Mocha AE, we're also going to be looking at some of the more advanced modules for those, including getting a 3D camera solve, and the impact that lens distortion is going to have on our shot.
So thanks for choosing to join me in this course. Let's go get started.
Screen Replacement with After Effects and mocha AE64,325 Views
Advanced Compositing, Tracking, and Roto Techniques with After Effects45,744 Views
VFX Techniques: Building Replacement with After Effects86,864 Views
Up and Running with Optical Flares56,515 Views
VFX Techniques: Creating Particle Effects55,925 Views
After Effects CC Essential Training2,632,490 Views
DaVinci Resolve 11 Essential Training643,812 Views
Premiere Pro CC Essential Training (2014)1,822,562 Views
Deke's Techniques1,567,617 Views
CINEMA 4D R16 Essential Training459,170 Views