Learn about changing the Min % Pixels Used property to change the tracking results.
- [Instructor] Let's return…to the Amend Percentage Pixels Used property…in the track module and discuss…how that affects your tracking.…So here I am in 3.9City…and I have a shape over the top…of this building.…Now whenever you draw a shape, or a spline,…as an X spline or a Bézier, the program actually selects…a minimum percentage pixels for you.…If it's a relatively small spline,…it's going to be a large value.…If it's a big spline, it'll select a small value.…And this is the minimum percentage…of pixels it uses to find the pattern over time.…
It might use more but this is where it starts.…Now this is a fairly easy shot to track…so I don't actually need 90%.…I can crank this down to 10%,…make the tracking more efficient…and still it'll work fine.…I'll track forward, you can see…that there's no problems.…So you can change this value…to make your tracking more efficient.…If it's a easy track, consider lowering this value.…Let's try the opposite.…
I'm going to put up a new project.…Open project.…This time I'll open 3.9Table.…
- Setting up the application
- Organizing projects
- Creating spline shapes
- Tracking in mocha
- Using tracking data for different tasks
- Masking occlusions
- Using offset tracking
- Rotoscoping fundamentals
- Creating complex mask shapes efficiently
- Stabilizing footage
- Correcting for lens distortion in footage
- Generating a 3D camera solve
- Working with mocha VR
Skill Level Beginner
VFX Techniques: Tracking Objects onto a Facewith Lee Lanier2h 42m Intermediate
VFX Techniques: Creating Particle Effectswith Lee Lanier2h 50m Intermediate
SynthEyes Essential Training (2015)with Brian Morse2h 35m Beginner
1. mocha Basics
2. Tracking in mocha
3. Fine-Tuning the Track
4. Rotoscoping in mocha
5. Stabilization, Distortion, and Object Removal
6. Stereo, 3D, and VR Tracking
Stereoscopic workflow4m 22s
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.