Learn about adding a new element on top with the Insert module.
- [Instructor] If you're using Mocha Pro,…you have access to the insert module.…And the insert module acts as a basic compositor…and allows you to add a new element,…on top of whatever you're working on.…For example, you can add something that's missing,…like a sign, or cover up something you don't want,…with a new piece of artwork.…Let's try the example of the sign.…So I'm back to the park footage here, this is saved as 5-6.…I'm going to zoom in.…Let's say I wanted to add a new sign…to this little window, right here.…
You can use the insert module with tracking,…so I'm going to track that window,…and draw an X-spline around that window, kind of loosely.…I'll turn on my planar surface.…And the planar surface…represents where the insert will appear.…So I'll shrink this over this window.…And then I know this particular footage…works better with perspective, at least in this case.…So I will turn that on…and track this.…
And the tracking looks good.…Now, with my layer selected,…I can switch to the insert module.…And add new insert in that area.…
- Setting up the application
- Organizing projects
- Creating spline shapes
- Tracking in mocha
- Using tracking data for different tasks
- Masking occlusions
- Using offset tracking
- Rotoscoping fundamentals
- Creating complex mask shapes efficiently
- Stabilizing footage
- Correcting for lens distortion in footage
- Generating a 3D camera solve
- Working with mocha VR
Skill Level Beginner
VFX Techniques: Tracking Objects onto a Facewith Lee Lanier2h 42m Intermediate
VFX Techniques: Creating Particle Effectswith Lee Lanier2h 50m Intermediate
SynthEyes Essential Training (2015)with Brian Morse2h 34m Beginner
1. mocha Basics
2. Tracking in mocha
3. Fine-Tuning the Track
4. Rotoscoping in mocha
5. Stabilization, Distortion, and Object Removal
6. Stereo, 3D, and VR Tracking
Stereoscopic workflow4m 22s
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.