Learn about straightening out the 360 horizon line and stabilizing with the Reorient module.
- [Instructor] We're back in mocha VR.…This time we're going to use the reorient module,…which is designed to straighten out the horizon…and or stabilize the shot.…Let's give it a try here…File, new project, this time I want to get the hand held…movie, which is in the chapter six folder.…Here we are.…This is a shot I took right outside of a recording studio.…This one's different in that the camera's actually moving,…as it's hand held.…
There's quite a bit of jitter and motion on the horizon.…And with the motion you get a lot of spherical distortion.…So I can stabilize that and flatten out the horizon line.…Now horizon lines off in vr footage are skewed,…where they look like a little roller coaster.…Now if I want to do those things,…straighten out the horizon line and stabilize it,…I do need the track first…and I can use the regular tracking module.…
I'm going to zoom in and try to find a couple points…along the horizon in the track…and they should be as close as possible…to the real horizon,…so back to the track module,…
- Setting up the application
- Organizing projects
- Creating spline shapes
- Tracking in mocha
- Using tracking data for different tasks
- Masking occlusions
- Using offset tracking
- Rotoscoping fundamentals
- Creating complex mask shapes efficiently
- Stabilizing footage
- Correcting for lens distortion in footage
- Generating a 3D camera solve
- Working with mocha VR
Skill Level Beginner
VFX Techniques: Tracking Objects onto a Facewith Lee Lanier2h 42m Intermediate
VFX Techniques: Creating Particle Effectswith Lee Lanier2h 50m Intermediate
SynthEyes Essential Training (2015)with Brian Morse2h 34m Beginner
1. mocha Basics
2. Tracking in mocha
3. Fine-Tuning the Track
4. Rotoscoping in mocha
5. Stabilization, Distortion, and Object Removal
6. Stereo, 3D, and VR Tracking
Stereoscopic workflow4m 22s
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.