Learn about stabilizing a shot to remove motion.
- [Instructor] We spent some time tracking inside MOCA.…I can use the tracking data for other purposes…inside the program.…For example, you can pass that to a different module,…such as Stabilize.…Stabilize is designed to stabilize the shot…or remove the motion from it.…Let's apply that to the shot.…New project.…This time, I want to grab the Shake image sequence…in the Chapter 5 folder.…And we'll play that back.…
This features a handheld moving shot of this woman…walking across the park.…There's quite a bit of motion.…So, it can actually move that motion…and make it appear as if it was a static shot to start with.…We have to start with tracking now.…So back to the Track module.…You need to track something so that it can be…passed on to stabilize.…I want to pick something in the foreground…because I want the stabilization to be focused…on the foreground around our actress…as opposed to the background.…
You have to think about where you want to stabilize from.…I'll go ahead and draw and X line shape…around this picket fence right here.…
- Setting up the application
- Organizing projects
- Creating spline shapes
- Tracking in mocha
- Using tracking data for different tasks
- Masking occlusions
- Using offset tracking
- Rotoscoping fundamentals
- Creating complex mask shapes efficiently
- Stabilizing footage
- Correcting for lens distortion in footage
- Generating a 3D camera solve
- Working with mocha VR
Skill Level Beginner
VFX Techniques: Tracking Objects onto a Facewith Lee Lanier2h 42m Intermediate
VFX Techniques: Creating Particle Effectswith Lee Lanier2h 50m Intermediate
SynthEyes Essential Training (2015)with Brian Morse2h 34m Beginner
1. mocha Basics
2. Tracking in mocha
3. Fine-Tuning the Track
4. Rotoscoping in mocha
5. Stabilization, Distortion, and Object Removal
6. Stereo, 3D, and VR Tracking
Stereoscopic workflow4m 22s
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.