Learn how to relink and reload missing footage when you open a project.
- [Instructor] We discuss how it's convenient to copy the Exercise Files folder on to your desktop. Now one problem with that is your directory structure probably doesn't match mine and therefore when you open up these projects, the footage may be missing. You can solve that by relinking or reloading the footage. Let's give it a try. I'm going to start with mocha Pro, the standalone version. Okay, here's mocha Pro. I'm going to go to File, Open Project. Let's just try one, see how it works, let's say 3-1.
Open up that project and it's confused about the path of the footage. You can see a yellow warning right here. There's the name of the file, "Soldiers". I get the Relink clip window. I can click the Choose button and try to find the footage. Now in this case, I'm working in chapter three, so chapter three, footage, soldiers, select the first frame. Open and then click the Relink button and it loads in and there's footage.
Now if I want to make sure this project will find the footage next time, then go ahead and save it out right now. Save Project. Let's try After Effects. Go in After Effects. Let's open up a similar file in After Effects. Open Project. Try a different one, just for fun. Let's say 5-4. Now After Effects is much more robust at figuring out where footage went to. However, if it doesn't work, what you'll see when you look at the footage, you'll see color bars in the viewer and there'll be color bars as a thumbnail on the footage itself.
In this case we can do is reload the footage. Select the footage in the project panel. Right mouse button click. Go to Replace Footage. File. And then browse for the footage. This time I'm in chapter five and it looks like I'm in the right directory. This footage is called Warp so I'll select the first frame, bring it in as an image sequence, click the Import button and now it's reloaded. Once again you want to make sure this project is up to date, you can always save it out again.
Now if you're using mocha Pro as a plugin through After Effects or using mocha AE through After Effects, this won't be a problem because it will draw the footage from After Effects directly. Just be aware if you open up a project and looks like something is missing you can always relink or reload the footage.
- Setting up the application
- Organizing projects
- Creating spline shapes
- Tracking in mocha
- Using tracking data for different tasks
- Masking occlusions
- Using offset tracking
- Rotoscoping fundamentals
- Creating complex mask shapes efficiently
- Stabilizing footage
- Correcting for lens distortion in footage
- Generating a 3D camera solve
- Working with mocha VR