Learn about adjusting the planar surface to get good corner pin results.
- If you recall, when we exported the tracking data…from this project with the city, the resulting corner pin…effect in After Effects had the corners of the layer…not quite in the right place.…It tracks correctly, but it wasn't lined up…with the windows in the building.…In fact, let me zoom in here and select the layer.…So, what happened was the corner pin was in the…correct location, but it wasn't really lined up…to the vertical or horizontal rows and columns of windows.…
There's actually one more step you can take…before you export the date to make sure your corners…are exactly where you want them.…Let's try that.…What you have to do is turn on the planar surface.…There's a little S button right here.…Turn that on.…There's a blue rectangular box that represents…where the corners are of the potential corner pin tracking.…Now this box is related to the…planar shape that's being tracked.…But you get to determine where those corners are precisely.…
Now, to change this I can simply click drag those corners.…So, with my pic tool, I'll click drag…
- Setting up the application
- Organizing projects
- Creating spline shapes
- Tracking in mocha
- Using tracking data for different tasks
- Masking occlusions
- Using offset tracking
- Rotoscoping fundamentals
- Creating complex mask shapes efficiently
- Stabilizing footage
- Correcting for lens distortion in footage
- Generating a 3D camera solve
- Working with mocha VR
Skill Level Beginner
VFX Techniques: Tracking Objects onto a Facewith Lee Lanier2h 42m Intermediate
VFX Techniques: Creating Particle Effectswith Lee Lanier2h 50m Intermediate
SynthEyes Essential Training (2015)with Brian Morse2h 34m Beginner
1. mocha Basics
2. Tracking in mocha
3. Fine-Tuning the Track
4. Rotoscoping in mocha
5. Stabilization, Distortion, and Object Removal
6. Stereo, 3D, and VR Tracking
Stereoscopic workflow4m 22s
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.