Learn about playing back footage and tracking footage.
- [Instructor] Now it's time to move on to…playback and tracking.…This time I've opened the project.…This is 1-5.…You can find this in the tutorial files.…And Mocha files have a Mocha extension.…This has a city footage loaded up.…There's nothing else going on yet.…Lets talk about playback first.…You can use the playback controls right here.…The first time you play back,…you might notice it's a bit slow.…It's reading into the cache first.…But going forward second and third time and so on,…it should play in real time.…
Now lets try tracking.…I'm going to zoom in.…And lets say I want to track the front of this building here.…Grab my X-spline.…Draw a rectangular shape.…And one thing you might notice is…I'm not touching the edge of the building.…Now I'll close this.…And that's because it's a planar tracker.…Even if I want to track the front of the building,…say to put a new billboard up there or something like that,…I don't actually have to touch the edges.…In fact it's better if I go a little bit farther.…
What the shape is doing is define a plane in space.…
- Setting up the application
- Organizing projects
- Creating spline shapes
- Tracking in mocha
- Using tracking data for different tasks
- Masking occlusions
- Using offset tracking
- Rotoscoping fundamentals
- Creating complex mask shapes efficiently
- Stabilizing footage
- Correcting for lens distortion in footage
- Generating a 3D camera solve
- Working with mocha VR
Skill Level Beginner
VFX Techniques: Tracking Objects onto a Facewith Lee Lanier2h 42m Intermediate
VFX Techniques: Creating Particle Effectswith Lee Lanier2h 50m Intermediate
SynthEyes Essential Training (2015)with Brian Morse2h 35m Beginner
1. mocha Basics
2. Tracking in mocha
3. Fine-Tuning the Track
4. Rotoscoping in mocha
5. Stabilization, Distortion, and Object Removal
6. Stereo, 3D, and VR Tracking
Stereoscopic workflow4m 22s
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.