Learn about creating a data link between a program and the mocha Pro plugin.
- [Instructor] As we discussed, there are several ways…to get data out of Mocha.…You can export the data, such as transform data,…you can render out a clip, or even render out a map.…Another solution is to use a Mocha Pro plug-in, or Mocha EE,…and set up a data connection between the program…and Mocha automatically.…For example, we can use that on this shot…we're trying to stabilize.…Just save that as 5.2.…So the first step here, if I use Mocha Pro,…is to select the layer,…and apply the effect Mocha, Mocha Pro.…
With the Mocha Pro plug-in, let's go ahead…and launch Mocha by clicking this big button.…It loads the photo automatically.…Go ahead and go through…the civilization process very quickly.…It looks like the foreground item.…Track that.…Now that that's done, jump over to the stabilize tab.…You have to remember to keep my layers selected.…Turn on all motion, maximum smoothing.…And this time we're going to center and zoom.…
Now, I need to track that.…And I can see that stabilizes quite nicely.…So now that I'm using the Mocha Pro plug-in variation,…
- Setting up the application
- Organizing projects
- Creating spline shapes
- Tracking in mocha
- Using tracking data for different tasks
- Masking occlusions
- Using offset tracking
- Rotoscoping fundamentals
- Creating complex mask shapes efficiently
- Stabilizing footage
- Correcting for lens distortion in footage
- Generating a 3D camera solve
- Working with mocha VR
Skill Level Beginner
VFX Techniques: Tracking Objects onto a Facewith Lee Lanier2h 42m Intermediate
VFX Techniques: Creating Particle Effectswith Lee Lanier2h 50m Intermediate
SynthEyes Essential Training (2015)with Brian Morse2h 34m Beginner
1. mocha Basics
2. Tracking in mocha
3. Fine-Tuning the Track
4. Rotoscoping in mocha
5. Stabilization, Distortion, and Object Removal
6. Stereo, 3D, and VR Tracking
Stereoscopic workflow4m 22s
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.