Learn about importing shape data into After Effects.
- [Instructor] We're ready to export our rotoscoping data.…Before we do that though,…let's see where we left off with this project.…This is saved out as 4-7,…and in order to see the mattes better,…I'm going to show the mattes,…so show all mattes, activate that.…Change the opacity to one, so they're solid.…And hide the overlays.…We can play that back now.…And see it looks pretty good.…Again, the important part is the part…that overlaps the screen.…
I'll turn on the overlays again,…and we'll zoom in closer.…Now this also includes a feather, which was added later.…So there's a feather on this shape, on the knuckles,…and on the finger that swipes.…You can actually export the data…and use that feathering in a different program.…Let's give it a try.…With at least one layer selected,…I can go to export shape data in the track module.…I can export selected layers,…all visible layers, or all layers.…
I'm going to do all visible layers.…In terms of formats, there's many formats,…based on the program you're going to,…such as Fusion, or Nuke, and so on.…
- Setting up the application
- Organizing projects
- Creating spline shapes
- Tracking in mocha
- Using tracking data for different tasks
- Masking occlusions
- Using offset tracking
- Rotoscoping fundamentals
- Creating complex mask shapes efficiently
- Stabilizing footage
- Correcting for lens distortion in footage
- Generating a 3D camera solve
- Working with mocha VR
Skill Level Beginner
VFX Techniques: Tracking Objects onto a Facewith Lee Lanier2h 42m Intermediate
VFX Techniques: Creating Particle Effectswith Lee Lanier2h 50m Intermediate
SynthEyes Essential Training (2015)with Brian Morse2h 35m Beginner
1. mocha Basics
2. Tracking in mocha
3. Fine-Tuning the Track
4. Rotoscoping in mocha
5. Stabilization, Distortion, and Object Removal
6. Stereo, 3D, and VR Tracking
Stereoscopic workflow4m 22s
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.