Learn how to use X-spline or Bezier tools to draw spline shapes.
- [Instructor] The important part of planar tracking…is establishing what the plane is that you're going to track.…In Mocha, you can do that by drawing a spline shape.…There are two tools you can use to do that.…Let's give that a try.…We'll go to file, new project.…I'll go back and get my city footage,…in the 01_Basics folder.…Open that, check these settings,…those are correct, click Ok.…Once again, if you have a results folder…left over from a prior session,…it'll ask you if you want to write over that.…
Now if you press no, if you see this window,…it simply returns you to the project panel,…where you can choose a new location for your results folder.…In this case, I'll just click Ok and choose yes.…And there we go.…Now, before we get to the spline tools,…I do want to mention how…you can move around inside the viewer.…There's a scroll tool up here, and beside that, a zoom tool.…For example, I can select the zoom tool,…left mouse button, drag up or down, to zoom in or out.…
Scroll tool allows me to move left/right or up/down.…
- Setting up the application
- Organizing projects
- Creating spline shapes
- Tracking in mocha
- Using tracking data for different tasks
- Masking occlusions
- Using offset tracking
- Rotoscoping fundamentals
- Creating complex mask shapes efficiently
- Stabilizing footage
- Correcting for lens distortion in footage
- Generating a 3D camera solve
- Working with mocha VR
Skill Level Beginner
VFX Techniques: Tracking Objects onto a Facewith Lee Lanier2h 42m Intermediate
VFX Techniques: Creating Particle Effectswith Lee Lanier2h 50m Intermediate
SynthEyes Essential Training (2015)with Brian Morse2h 35m Beginner
1. mocha Basics
2. Tracking in mocha
3. Fine-Tuning the Track
4. Rotoscoping in mocha
5. Stabilization, Distortion, and Object Removal
6. Stereo, 3D, and VR Tracking
Stereoscopic workflow4m 22s
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.