Learn about using both corner pin tracking data and shape data inside After Effects.
- [Instructor] Let's try to combine our motion tracking data…with our shape data in another program like After Effects.…So I'm back with the finished Rotoscope,…and this is saved as 4-8.…I still have my original tracking here,…I can turn that back on.…So there's the original tablet tracking.…Before I export that as Corner Pin,…I do want to make sure that my planer surface…is fit to the screen.…If it's not, update that before exporting.…Okay so Export Tracking Data,…After Effects Corner Pin,…Copy to Clipboard.…
I'll go to After Effects,…here's After Effects with Project 4-8.…A little bit different,…it has the original footage,…plus a new graphic that will become the new screen.…I want to paste the Corner Pin onto that new layer,…but first I need to check the transforms.…Because it's smaller resolution then the background,…I do want to make the position and the anchor point match,…so I'm going to enter a new value…for anchor point 1024 by 540.…
That places it at the upper left corner of the composition.…Alright now I can go ahead and paste,…
- Setting up the application
- Organizing projects
- Creating spline shapes
- Tracking in mocha
- Using tracking data for different tasks
- Masking occlusions
- Using offset tracking
- Rotoscoping fundamentals
- Creating complex mask shapes efficiently
- Stabilizing footage
- Correcting for lens distortion in footage
- Generating a 3D camera solve
- Working with mocha VR
Skill Level Beginner
VFX Techniques: Tracking Objects onto a Facewith Lee Lanier2h 42m Intermediate
VFX Techniques: Creating Particle Effectswith Lee Lanier2h 50m Intermediate
SynthEyes Essential Training (2015)with Brian Morse2h 34m Beginner
1. mocha Basics
2. Tracking in mocha
3. Fine-Tuning the Track
4. Rotoscoping in mocha
5. Stabilization, Distortion, and Object Removal
6. Stereo, 3D, and VR Tracking
Stereoscopic workflow4m 22s
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.