Learn about combining keyframed rotoscoping with linked planar tracking.
- We're ready to move on and deal with the fingers…on this particular rotoscoping project.…We have to rotoscope the fingers,…so the new screen fits underneath them.…So far, once again, we have the hand map…for the back of the hand.…The tracking for the back of the hand,…and the original tablet tracking.…Now the fingers are a little bit more difficult.…They're very blurry, they change shape,…and they're perpendicular to the camera,…or perpendicular to the back of the hand.…
So what do we do?…Well in this case what we can do…is combine hand rotoscoping with the keyframes…and the tracking built into the program.…Let me show you what I mean.…I'll turn this off.…I'm going to draw a new X-line shape…for just the right three fingers.…I'm going to treat the swiping fingers separately…because it goes through a lot of changes.…So just these three fingers here.…I'm going to make sure this overlaps the back of the hand.…
Something like this.…Spend some time with my roundness.…I don't want to get any part of the screen inside this mat.…
- Setting up the application
- Organizing projects
- Creating spline shapes
- Tracking in mocha
- Using tracking data for different tasks
- Masking occlusions
- Using offset tracking
- Rotoscoping fundamentals
- Creating complex mask shapes efficiently
- Stabilizing footage
- Correcting for lens distortion in footage
- Generating a 3D camera solve
- Working with mocha VR
Skill Level Beginner
VFX Techniques: Tracking Objects onto a Facewith Lee Lanier2h 42m Intermediate
VFX Techniques: Creating Particle Effectswith Lee Lanier2h 50m Intermediate
SynthEyes Essential Training (2015)with Brian Morse2h 34m Beginner
1. mocha Basics
2. Tracking in mocha
3. Fine-Tuning the Track
4. Rotoscoping in mocha
5. Stabilization, Distortion, and Object Removal
6. Stereo, 3D, and VR Tracking
Stereoscopic workflow4m 22s
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.