Learn about feathering rotoscoped shapes.
- [Narrator] When you run a scope in Mocha,…you have the option to feather the shapes.…We haven't feathered yet for this project,…but we can take a look at it.…So here we are.…It's a little bit further.…This is project 46.…The most recent edition is a mat layer…for the swiping finger.…Let me zoom in.…So this was created with a combination of hand key frames…and also tracking.…You see, there's quite a few key frames here,…and this is necessary because the finger changes shape…quite a bit.…
Now, this is still using linking,…and that's linked to the hand track layer.…I would turn that off.…If I return to the finger mat,…you'll see that it's still okay,…but it does drift.…So it slides off a bit here and there.…So, once again, by combining key framing…with tracking from a different layer,…you can improve the quality.…
Now, in terms of feathering, you can add that…any time you want to.…Feathering might be good to emulate…a slightly blurry edge,…like with something that's out of focus,…or maybe one that's motion blurred,…because it moves rapidly.…
- Setting up the application
- Organizing projects
- Creating spline shapes
- Tracking in mocha
- Using tracking data for different tasks
- Masking occlusions
- Using offset tracking
- Rotoscoping fundamentals
- Creating complex mask shapes efficiently
- Stabilizing footage
- Correcting for lens distortion in footage
- Generating a 3D camera solve
- Working with mocha VR
Skill Level Beginner
VFX Techniques: Tracking Objects onto a Facewith Lee Lanier2h 42m Intermediate
VFX Techniques: Creating Particle Effectswith Lee Lanier2h 50m Intermediate
SynthEyes Essential Training (2015)with Brian Morse2h 34m Beginner
1. mocha Basics
2. Tracking in mocha
3. Fine-Tuning the Track
4. Rotoscoping in mocha
5. Stabilization, Distortion, and Object Removal
6. Stereo, 3D, and VR Tracking
Stereoscopic workflow4m 22s
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.