Join Joe Marini for an in-depth discussion in this video jQuery statement chaining, part of jQuery Essential Training.
- [Joe] I want to point out one of jQuery's…more interesting features and that is its ability…to chain multiple functions together.…This is called statement chaining.…It basically allows you to perform several operations…on a result set in just one line of code.…Up until now, you've seen a lot of code…that looks like this.…A jQuery selector statement followed by a function…call that operates on the result set that comes back.…However, I can chain multiple function calls together,…one after another to operate on the result set…as you see here.…
This is called a statement chain.…These functions will get executed in order,…starting on the left and going across to the right.…So the selector will execute,…then the results that will come back…and I can do multiple operations on those objects.…I can assign CSS, I can manipulate the content,…I can turn events on and off.…And the reason why this makes jQuery so powerful…is that it allows you to perform…multiple operations on one result set…without having to get that result set…
- What is jQuery?
- Using selectors and filters to extract information
- Creating, inserting, and animating page content
- Handling events
- Understanding jQuery statement chaining
- Working with CSS
- Building event handlers
- Animating with jQuery: showing, hiding, and fading page elements
- Working with AJAX
Skill Level Beginner
1. A Quick Introduction to jQuery
2. Working with Page Content
3. Manipulating Page Content
4. jQuery Events
5. Animations and Effects
6. AJAX Operations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.