- Let's look at the current jQuery landscape.…In other words, what versions of jQuery are available…and which ones might we like to use.…First, specifically looking at the versions,…we have jQuery 1, which has the widest compatability…and the largest footprint.…What do I mean by that?…Widest compatibility refers to…the browsers that it supports.…Usually when we're talking about browser compatibility,…we're turning our eyes toward Internet Explorer.…In this case, jQuery 1 supports versions…of Internet Explorer back to six and above.…
The cost of that compatibility is a larger download,…so the browser just has more work to do…whenever you want to load jQuery.…At the time of this recording,…this hasn't quite happened yet, but soon jQuery 1…is going to become known as jQuery Compat 3.…We'll go over why in a minute.…The other version of jQuery…that is currently available is jQuery 2.…It has good compatibility.…In other words, it supports versions of Internet Explorer…back to nine and above, or more generally,…the previous version of the currently…
- Writing basic jQuery filters
- Converting filters to plugins
- Converting code to plugins
- Making plugins configurable
- Adding appearance options and functions
- Distributing jQuery plugins
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Foundations of jQuery Plugins
2. Writing Your First Plugin
3. Diving Deeper with a Complex Plugin
4. Advanced Topics
Wrapping up3m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.