Join Joe Marini for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with different data types, part of jQuery Essential Training.
- [Instructor] So far in this chapter we've seen…how to work with plain text data and HTML data,…but you can use jQuery and Ajax to work with…other kinds of data as well.…In fact, you've probably come across XML…or JSON data in the past, and that's what…we're going to work with in this particular example.…Let's open up the DataTypes_start example file.…So there's two examples that we're going to build here.…One is working with JSON data, and one is working…with XML data.…And once again, I can't take the time here…to go deeply into how the JSON and XML…data formats work.…
There are great courses here on Lynda.com that explain both.…What I'm going to show you is how to use jQuery…to work with both data types.…To do that, I'm going to first show you this…testxmldata file I have right here,…and you can see that it's a very simple XML structure.…There's a name tag, a title tag, and all of that…is enclosed in a data tag, and this is the XML file…we'll be working with.…So let's go back to the exercise source.…So let's do the XML example first.…
- What is jQuery?
- Using selectors and filters to extract information
- Creating, inserting, and animating page content
- Handling events
- Understanding jQuery statement chaining
- Working with CSS
- Building event handlers
- Animating with jQuery: showing, hiding, and fading page elements
- Working with AJAX
Skill Level Beginner
1. A Quick Introduction to jQuery
2. Working with Page Content
3. Manipulating Page Content
4. jQuery Events
5. Animations and Effects
6. AJAX Operations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.