Join Joe Marini for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with CSS, part of jQuery Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Trying to build a modern Web application…without CSS is a lot like trying…to build a sandwich without bread.…Ultimately, it's not going to work very well,…and the result is going to be pretty messy.…On top of that, CSS is one of those areas…that is notoriously difficult to work with across browsers.…The good news is that jQuery provides a variety…of CSS functions that smooth out the CSS work flow…for working across browsers and for accomplishing things…that would normally require you to write custom code.…And that's what we're going to learn about in this section.…
We'll start with the CSS function.…Up until now, you've been watching me use the CSS function…to set CSS properties, to make the results of things…like selector and filter examples visible in the page.…This CSS function works across browsers…and it has a couple of different ways that you can call it,…depending on whether you want to…retrieve CSS values or set properties.…To retrieve a CSS value, you simply give the CSS function…a property name, which will return the value…
- What is jQuery?
- Using selectors and filters to extract information
- Creating, inserting, and animating page content
- Handling events
- Understanding jQuery statement chaining
- Working with CSS
- Building event handlers
- Animating with jQuery: showing, hiding, and fading page elements
- Working with AJAX
Skill Level Beginner
1. A Quick Introduction to jQuery
2. Working with Page Content
3. Manipulating Page Content
4. jQuery Events
5. Animations and Effects
6. AJAX Operations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.