Join Chris Converse for an in-depth discussion in this video Where to go from here, part of Creating an Interactive Animated Timeline with jQuery.
Now that you've completed this course, I have a few more courses in the lynda.com…online training library with very similar techniques.…One is Creating a Sortable Photo Gallery, where we adjust the layout based on screen size.…And using HTML tags, we can actually sort different photography based on individual…keywords that you put in. And you can use the sorting idea for…anything, not just photography. And if you'd like to use jQuery in a more…visual environment, I have some courses using edge animate in combination with…jQuery, so, you can custom program some interactive experiences inside of a very…visual environment. And those courses include creating a…randomized animation of a starfield, and creating your own interactive homepage…marquee for your website. And with that, that completes creating an…interactive animated timeline with jQuery, and I really appreciate you watching my course.…
- Preparing the artwork
- Setting up the project files
- Creating the HTML containers
- Adding content into the HTML containers
- Styling the timeline with CSS
- Adding jQuery to your project
- Adjusting the layout with jQuery
- Adding navigation elements
- Animating the content based on navigation
- Adding autostart and screen size detection features
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating the Web Graphics and HTML Content
Adding content to the HTML3m 15s
2. Adding CSS Styles for Layout and Positioning
3. Finalizing Layout and Animating Panels with jQuery
Animating the background4m 24s
4. Making the Design Responsive
5. Adding an Autostart and Screen Size Detection
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.