Go from jQuery plugin user to jQuery plugin author in a few steps, by turning existing filters or code into reusable, highly configurable plugins.
- Hi, I'm Joe Chellman, and welcome to jQuery: Creating Plugins. In this course, we'll look at how to take the jQuery you already know how to write and package that code up into plugins. I'll show you what a jQuery plugin actually is and how to create a simple one very quickly. Then I'll show you how to make sure your plugin can act on any page elements passed into it and how to make sure other jQuery code can still run after your plugin has executed. We'll look at how to make your plugin configurable with options, including how to set sensible defaults and group options so they're more understandable for people using their plugin, including you.
- Writing basic jQuery filters
- Converting filters to plugins
- Converting code to plugins
- Making plugins configurable
- Adding appearance options and functions
- Distributing jQuery plugins