- Here we are in a state…where the first three boxes…have not had their height equalized…and the second group of three boxes…always has its height equalized.…Now, it's possible that on your screen,…the boxes won't be perfectly equal in height.…That's fine.…I wanted to keep the code simple,…and on a responsive page like this,…there might be a couple edge cases where it doesn't work.…For our purposes, it just needs to be close enough…that you can see an effect when the page first loads.…Now, of course, here we just didn't get the effect…where the plugin was invoked.…So we need to fix this.…Referring back to this code,…I can see that what I'm definitely gonna need to do is…change this bit, so that the plugin can act on anything.…
This is almost startlingly easy.…In any jQuery plugin,…right inside this function,…the object or collection of objects…upon which you wanna act…is referred to by the this keyword,…just like that.…If I do nothing but save this…and switch back to my browser and reload,…the first three boxes now have their heights equalized,…
- Writing basic jQuery filters
- Converting filters to plugins
- Converting code to plugins
- Making plugins configurable
- Adding appearance options and functions
- Distributing jQuery plugins
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Foundations of jQuery Plugins
2. Writing Your First Plugin
3. Diving Deeper with a Complex Plugin
4. Advanced Topics
Wrapping up3m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.