Join Joe Marini for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the jQuery event object, part of jQuery Essential Training.
- [Instructor] In this example we're going to take a look…at the jQuery unified Event Object.…Even though all the modern browsers…now implement the W3C standard event API,…there are still some subtle differences…between how the browsers pass…Event information to Event handlers.…jQuery provides a normalized Event Object…that ensures cross browser consistency…when you're handling event information.…Here on the jQuery website,…let's go into the API Documentation…and scroll down to the Events section,…and click on the Event Object.…
jQuery makes sure that this list…of properties, right here, is consistent across browsers.…There's the target, and that's where…the Event originated from, there's the related target,…which in some cases is another element on the page,…or maybe the page itself, that may have…also been involved in the Event somehow,…I'll get to that in a little bit.…It is also the x and y-coordinates on the page…where the mouse was when the Event occurred,…although these may not always be filled in,…it depends on the Event.…
- What is jQuery?
- Using selectors and filters to extract information
- Creating, inserting, and animating page content
- Handling events
- Understanding jQuery statement chaining
- Working with CSS
- Building event handlers
- Animating with jQuery: showing, hiding, and fading page elements
- Working with AJAX
Skill Level Beginner
1. A Quick Introduction to jQuery
2. Working with Page Content
3. Manipulating Page Content
4. jQuery Events
5. Animations and Effects
6. AJAX Operations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.