Join Joe Marini for an in-depth discussion in this video Using global AJAX handlers, part of jQuery Essential Training.
- (Narrator) If you're building a web application…that uses more than a trivial amount of AJAX,…you might want to centralize some of the operations…to make them easier to maintain and update in the future.…The jQuery AJAX module provides a set…of global event handlers that you can use…to register functions to listen for interesting events…that take place during the life cycle…of all the AJAX requests on a given page.…There are a number of scenarios…where this approach might make sense.…To take one example, you might want to centralize…all of your error handling code in one place,…rather than attach individual error handling functions…to each one of your requests.…
jQuery provides an event for this purpose.…Or maybe you're working with a server that requires…certain custom HTTP headers to be set…for every request that comes in.…jQuery gives you a way to intercept every request…before it goes out, so that you can do things…like modify or attach information to the request.…You could even use this functionality to provide…
- What is jQuery?
- Using selectors and filters to extract information
- Creating, inserting, and animating page content
- Handling events
- Understanding jQuery statement chaining
- Working with CSS
- Building event handlers
- Animating with jQuery: showing, hiding, and fading page elements
- Working with AJAX
Skill Level Beginner
1. A Quick Introduction to jQuery
2. Working with Page Content
3. Manipulating Page Content
4. jQuery Events
5. Animations and Effects
6. AJAX Operations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.