Join Chris Converse for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Creating an Animated Bar Chart with jQuery.
It also uses some CSS3 properties, and as we discussed in the introduction…video, there is a chart_ie.css file that has two alternate design options for…designing around the limitations with IE 7 and 8 in regards to CSS3.…Then finally, we have a copy of Final Project.…
To preview the finished project, visit codifydesign.com.
- Adding markup for chart bars
- Adding jQuery and CSS to an HTML document
- Declaring and setting the global variables
- Writing a custom function to position the bars
- Adding labels and value text to the bars
- Animating the bars based on their value
- Fading in bar values labels after the bar animations
- Adjusting chart sizing by updating CSS values