Join Chris Converse for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Create an Interactive Animated Timeline with jQuery.
And we're going to be using jQuery 1.8, because this version still contains all of the backwards compatibility for IE 7 and 8. Later version of jQuery, including 1.9 and 2.0 start to deprecate some of the features of IE 7 and 8. And under snippets, there's two files here, which just contains some HTML code that we're going to use to copy and paste into our project. So, we'll code some of the beginning content to get the structure in place, and then we'll copy and paste the additional content so that we don't have to type all of that. Now that we're familiar with the exercise files. Next, we'll start building our project.
- Preparing the artwork
- Setting up the project files
- Creating the HTML containers
- Adding content into the HTML containers
- Styling the timeline with CSS
- Adding jQuery to your project
- Adjusting the layout with jQuery
- Adding navigation elements
- Animating the content based on navigation
- Adding autostart and screen size detection features