Join Joe Marini for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution, part of jQuery Essential Training.
- [Narrator] Let's look at the solution I came up with…for this challenge.…And remember, it's okay if your solution is different…from mine.…What's important is that you take a look at the various…techniques and see how they work so that you can use the one…that's best for you, or you can see how to come up…with your own.…So let's open the code for the finished version…of the challenge, and what we had to do in this challenge…was load the JSON data for the products.…And then find the right product data to display…in our placeholders in the product information section.…
So I decided to use the getJSON AJAX function…to do this.…So I'm gonna scroll down below…the other challenge solutions.…And my call to getJSON, loads the product-data. json file,…which is at the same level as this page.…And then uses the dot done method, and you could have used…a different version, you could have used a callback,…it's up to you.…But I used the dot done method to specify a function…to handle the successful retrieval of the data.…
And remember that when this function gets called,…
- What is jQuery?
- Using selectors and filters to extract information
- Creating, inserting, and animating page content
- Handling events
- Understanding jQuery statement chaining
- Working with CSS
- Building event handlers
- Animating with jQuery: showing, hiding, and fading page elements
- Working with AJAX
Skill Level Beginner
1. A Quick Introduction to jQuery
2. Working with Page Content
3. Manipulating Page Content
4. jQuery Events
5. Animations and Effects
6. AJAX Operations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.