Join Joe Marini for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution, part of jQuery Essential Training.
- [Narrator] For this challenge…you needed to write jQuery code…to let the user show and hide different product categories.…You can see just as a reminder…this is what we were implementing.…So let's take a look at my solution…and again remember it's okay if…your solution is different from mine.…So here in the editor I have opened up…the index.html for the finished version of HPlusSport.…And let's go ahead and scroll down.…Remember that in the product section,…let's get down there,…each one of these H2 tags contains the product-name…and it also has a data attribute…that indicates the type of product.…
So let's take a look at my script.…First I needed to add a div to…contain the checkbox controls…that I used to show and hide the elements.…So you can see here I've got a div for that…and a form and inside the form is another div…and then I have a whole bunch of controls.…And I've got inputs and labels and so on.…So let's go ahead and scroll up.…Oh and before that I do that though,…notice how the checkboxes have ids on them,…
- What is jQuery?
- Using selectors and filters to extract information
- Creating, inserting, and animating page content
- Handling events
- Understanding jQuery statement chaining
- Working with CSS
- Building event handlers
- Animating with jQuery: showing, hiding, and fading page elements
- Working with AJAX
Skill Level Beginner
1. A Quick Introduction to jQuery
2. Working with Page Content
3. Manipulating Page Content
4. jQuery Events
5. Animations and Effects
6. AJAX Operations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.