Join Joe Marini for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution, part of jQuery Essential Training.
- [Narrator] How did you do?…Did you get it to work?…Let's take a look at how I solved…this particular challenge.…Now one of the things I want to point out here…is that it's not important that you got…the same answer that I did,…because there's many ways you can…solve problems like this using jQuery.…I'm just going to show you how I chose to solve the problem,…and your solution may have been a little bit different.…Go ahead and open the finished version…of the index.html page and we're gonna go through my code.…Right here at the top I started off…by including the jQuery library.…
Now I didn't do that in the start version…so hopefully you didn't stumble over that too much.…Then I have three lines of jQuery code…that dynamically change the background…of each of the product names.…Before we go through that…if you scroll down to the product section,…and remember that each one of the product names…was inside a heading two tag with…a CSS class that has product-name on it,…and each of these H2s has a data attribute named data-type…
- What is jQuery?
- Using selectors and filters to extract information
- Creating, inserting, and animating page content
- Handling events
- Understanding jQuery statement chaining
- Working with CSS
- Building event handlers
- Animating with jQuery: showing, hiding, and fading page elements
- Working with AJAX
Skill Level Beginner
1. A Quick Introduction to jQuery
2. Working with Page Content
3. Manipulating Page Content
4. jQuery Events
5. Animations and Effects
6. AJAX Operations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.