Join Joe Chellman for an in-depth discussion in this video Reviewing jQuery core concepts, part of jQuery: Creating Plugins.
It's great, but the one in jQuery is even more powerful.…So that by itself is still a totally valid reason…to continue using jQuery.…Chaining: Chaining means that we take a selection…of elements in jQuery,…and then we do stuff to those in succession.…In other words, we're just taking an object…or a suite of objects and doing multiple things…to them via a series of functions.…Another thing that's nice about jQuery is that it fills…
- Writing basic jQuery filters
- Converting filters to plugins
- Converting code to plugins
- Making plugins configurable
- Adding appearance options and functions
- Distributing jQuery plugins