- In it's current state, this gallery looks very nice.…We have all our captions just the way we like them…and we're accepting input from the user…to set the tags and classes…and various other options,…however, there is an issue.…We are not stopping users from being able…to put in any old thing they want,…which could cause things to go berserk on the page.…I'll show you what I mean.…Switching back to my text editor,…if I look down here at the code,…here's where I'm passing in all these options.…Now, it's not a problem if somebody just adds…something arbitrary to this object.…
They could add in any old junk they want…and it doesn't matter because I'm not looking…at any of that stuff in my code.…However, if they try to use something weird…in one of these options, I might try and use it…and have unexpected behaviors.…So say, I try to change this tag to who-knows-what,…a regular expression, say.…Things get really weird if I try and do that.…So it's a good idea anytime you're accepting input…from a user, to do something to validate…
- Writing basic jQuery filters
- Converting filters to plugins
- Converting code to plugins
- Making plugins configurable
- Adding appearance options and functions
- Distributing jQuery plugins
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Foundations of jQuery Plugins
2. Writing Your First Plugin
3. Diving Deeper with a Complex Plugin
4. Advanced Topics
Wrapping up3m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.