Join Joe Marini for an in-depth discussion in this video Programming challenge, part of jQuery Essential Training.
- [Instructor] It's time for another programming challenge.…In this challenge you will take what you've learned…about jQuery so far, and apply it, once again,…to the HPlusSport site that we've been working on.…I've got the start version of the…HPlusSport index page open here, and I'm gonna scroll down,…once again, to the products section.…Notice that the products section…lists various kinds of products.…There's vitamins, there's mineral waters,…there's protein bars.…What we're going to do in this challenge…is use jQuery to let the user show and hide…different categories of products.…
Let me go over to the finished version,…and show you what I mean.…So, here in the finished version,…if I scroll down to the products,…you can see that there are now three check boxes here.…And each of the check boxes corresponds…to one of the product categories.…Notice how when I click each check box,…the product list is updated…to either show or hide that type of product.…Let's go over and look at the HTML for the start version.…So here in your editor, I'm gonna open up…
- What is jQuery?
- Using selectors and filters to extract information
- Creating, inserting, and animating page content
- Handling events
- Understanding jQuery statement chaining
- Working with CSS
- Building event handlers
- Animating with jQuery: showing, hiding, and fading page elements
- Working with AJAX
Skill Level Beginner
1. A Quick Introduction to jQuery
2. Working with Page Content
3. Manipulating Page Content
4. jQuery Events
5. Animations and Effects
6. AJAX Operations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.