Join Joe Marini for an in-depth discussion in this video Programming challenge, part of jQuery Essential Training.
- [Narrator] It's time, now,…for our first programming challenge.…We've reached the point in the course…where you should have enough knowledge…to complete a programming challenge I'm going to assign.…What we're going to do is work…on the HPlusSports site which I've provided…in the exercise files folder…to practice jQuery features as we moved through the course.…So, if you open the exercise files folder,…you'll notice that there's a Start and a Finished version…of HPlusSport.…Before we start the challenge,…let's take a look at the site.…In the Start folder, open the index.html page for the site.…
The HPlusSport home page contains information…about the company, products, people, and so on.…So, let's click on the products link…and we'll scroll them into view.…You can see that there's a variety of products…from vitamins, to mineral water,…to protein bars, and as I hover over each one…that product zooms up a little,…and the name of the product is revealed.…But, notice how the background color…of each product name is red…
- What is jQuery?
- Using selectors and filters to extract information
- Creating, inserting, and animating page content
- Handling events
- Understanding jQuery statement chaining
- Working with CSS
- Building event handlers
- Animating with jQuery: showing, hiding, and fading page elements
- Working with AJAX
Skill Level Beginner
1. A Quick Introduction to jQuery
2. Working with Page Content
3. Manipulating Page Content
4. jQuery Events
5. Animations and Effects
6. AJAX Operations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.