Join Joe Chellman for an in-depth discussion in this video How to use the exercise files, part of jQuery: Creating Plugins.
So all you're gonna need to do to use them is just open them in the browser of interest and then in the text editor of interest, so you can edit them. Some of the later examples you use Ajax and you'll need to load them in specific web browsers or load them via a local web server. When we get to those situations, I'll mention them. If you don't have access to the Exercise Files, you can always follow along from scratch with your own assets that you create as you go. Okay, let's get started.
- Writing basic jQuery filters
- Converting filters to plugins
- Converting code to plugins
- Making plugins configurable
- Adding appearance options and functions
- Distributing jQuery plugins