Join Joe Chellman for an in-depth discussion in this video How to use the challenges, part of jQuery: Creating Plugins.
- This course includes several videos called challenges. Challenges are quick activities that give you a hands on opportunity to practice and master what you're learning. I'll start each challenge by showing you the state of the project you'll be working on, and your core objectives for it. Each challenge includes sample files, and I'll tell you where to find those. I'll also give you a rough estimate of how much time it took me to complete the challenge. When you've completed a challenge make sure to check the matching solution video. In each solution I'll show you how I solved the challenge and give you some of my thinking along the way. Yours might not be the same, and that's fine as long as you complete the objectives.
Again, this is an opportunity for you to master what you've been learning. I hope you'll find the challenges enjoyable and educational.
- Writing basic jQuery filters
- Converting filters to plugins
- Converting code to plugins
- Making plugins configurable
- Adding appearance options and functions
- Distributing jQuery plugins