Join Joe Marini for an in-depth discussion in this video Handling events, part of jQuery Essential Training.
- [Narrator] If there's one thing that every…modern web application has to do,…it's deal with events.…In this example, I'll show you a quick introduction…into event handling with jQuery,…which we will then dive into more detail…in later on in the course…when we get to the chapter on events.…Let's open up events_intro,…and before I actually go through the code,…I'm gonna bring this up in the browser.…And you can see as they move the mouse…over this div here, there's some information…being displayed inside the div.…There's the mouse position,…and there's whether or not a button is being pressed,…and also an indicator of whether or not…something called the metaKey is being held down.…
So you can see that as I move the mouse outside,…the text changes to mouseleave,…and when I click there's a click handler…that shows you where I clicked.…And let's go ahead and refresh.…So now I'm moving the mouse again.…And now I'm going to hold down the mac command key.…So you can see that the key value is now true.…And on Windows, that would be the Windows key.…
- What is jQuery?
- Using selectors and filters to extract information
- Creating, inserting, and animating page content
- Handling events
- Understanding jQuery statement chaining
- Working with CSS
- Building event handlers
- Animating with jQuery: showing, hiding, and fading page elements
- Working with AJAX
Skill Level Beginner
1. A Quick Introduction to jQuery
2. Working with Page Content
3. Manipulating Page Content
4. jQuery Events
5. Animations and Effects
6. AJAX Operations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.