- Now I have a nice set of options that I can change…in my plugin, but I'm a little unhappy…with the way this is set up.…I have wrapperTag and wrapperClass,…and I'm CamelCasing these variable names, which is fine.…But, these are related options…and it would be kind of nice to relate them…in a way that's more meaningful.…Likewise with these caption options.…Convert these options into objects, and you can see how…that influences the way the plugin is put together.…So, my plan is to change this from just simply wrapper,…which is a string, into wrapper, which is an object.…
And then inside that, I'll have tag, which is a string,…and Class, also a string.…I'm going to do the same thing for the caption, like this.…Okay, so that's the plan, now we need to make some changes.…I'll scroll down a bit and change wrapper…from a string to an object.…So, I'm going to have two keys, tag, and class.…
My class is captioned-image, like this.…So there's my default for the wrapper.…Now I'm going to do the same thing for the caption.…
- Writing basic jQuery filters
- Converting filters to plugins
- Converting code to plugins
- Making plugins configurable
- Adding appearance options and functions
- Distributing jQuery plugins
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Foundations of jQuery Plugins
2. Writing Your First Plugin
3. Diving Deeper with a Complex Plugin
4. Advanced Topics
Wrapping up3m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.