Join Chris Converse for an in-depth discussion in this video Figuring out which bar has the highest value, part of Create an Animated Bar Chart with jQuery.
To preview the finished project, visit codifydesign.com.
- Adding markup for chart bars
- Adding jQuery and CSS to an HTML document
- Declaring and setting the global variables
- Writing a custom function to position the bars
- Adding labels and value text to the bars
- Animating the bars based on their value
- Fading in bar values labels after the bar animations
- Adjusting chart sizing by updating CSS values