Join Chris Converse for an in-depth discussion in this video Fading in bar value labels after the bar animations, part of Creating an Animated Bar Chart with jQuery.
Now the changes I want to make to the animating bars is I want the bars to…animate from 0, and once they animate to their height, I want to fade in the…labels on the bars that represent their value.…So in order to do that we need to make some changes in the CSS.…So let's open chart.css, and the two changes we are going to make at the…bottom, on chart-area chart-bar p. We are going to set these, default state to display none.…So display: space none.…
To preview the finished project, visit codifydesign.com.
- Adding markup for chart bars
- Adding jQuery and CSS to an HTML document
- Declaring and setting the global variables
- Writing a custom function to position the bars
- Adding labels and value text to the bars
- Animating the bars based on their value
- Fading in bar values labels after the bar animations
- Adjusting chart sizing by updating CSS values