Join Joe Marini for an in-depth discussion in this video Embedding custom data, part of jQuery Essential Training.
- [Narrator] HTML5 provides a way…of associating arbitrary data with elements on a page…via something called data attributes.…In fact, we saw these briefly in the chapter…on working with page content.…If you're not familiar with data attributes,…take a look at this article here…on the Mozilla developer network, which explains…what they are and how to use them.…Essentially, these attributes provide a way…to associate bits of data with elements on a web page.…jQuery provides a way for working with these data attributes…through a series of convenience helper functions.…
Now, you might be wondering,…why would you ever want to do this?…Well, there might be some situations in your apps…where you want to associate some data…with an element on the page.…For example, a restaurant's menu page…might have price data associated with items…listed on the page.…So let's click on the jQuery API documentation.…Here on the jQuery website.…And let's scroll down to the data section.…And let's take a look at the data method.…So the data method is used to store and retrieve data…
- What is jQuery?
- Using selectors and filters to extract information
- Creating, inserting, and animating page content
- Handling events
- Understanding jQuery statement chaining
- Working with CSS
- Building event handlers
- Animating with jQuery: showing, hiding, and fading page elements
- Working with AJAX
Skill Level Beginner
1. A Quick Introduction to jQuery
2. Working with Page Content
3. Manipulating Page Content
4. jQuery Events
5. Animations and Effects
6. AJAX Operations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.