- In this video, we're going to add some options…that can control appearance of some items in the plugin.…Now, looking at this gallery,…we have some funky stuff going on…because of some of the tags that we've chosen…for these captions that don't have CSS Styles.…In general, of course, we do want things…to be controlled with CSS.…It keep everything in one place,…and it keeps a clean separation of your code…from the way things look.…That said, it is helpful to your plugin users,…and remember you are one of your plugin's users,…to add options for certain kinds of appearance.…
In this case, we'll just do colors,…because they're easy to do, and you don't get…into complicated things relative to layout, as you would…if you added in options for margin, padding, spacing,…all those other kinds of things.…So, what we'll do, is we'll add some options…to change the frame color and the text color.…So let's switch over to the documents…in the text editor and see what's up.…Here in the HTML document, I can see…that the options I've set up are the wrapperTag,…
- Writing basic jQuery filters
- Converting filters to plugins
- Converting code to plugins
- Making plugins configurable
- Adding appearance options and functions
- Distributing jQuery plugins
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Foundations of jQuery Plugins
2. Writing Your First Plugin
3. Diving Deeper with a Complex Plugin
4. Advanced Topics
Wrapping up3m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.