Join Chris Converse for an in-depth discussion in this video Declaring and setting global variables, part of Create an Animated Bar Chart with jQuery.
So now with these variables in place, let's start by creating the document ready in jQuery.…So we'll start with the dollar sign, beginning and ending parenthesis inside of…the parenthesis, I'll type document.…Outside of the parenthesis .ready beginning and ending parenthesis semicolon.…
To preview the finished project, visit codifydesign.com.
- Adding markup for chart bars
- Adding jQuery and CSS to an HTML document
- Declaring and setting the global variables
- Writing a custom function to position the bars
- Adding labels and value text to the bars
- Animating the bars based on their value
- Fading in bar values labels after the bar animations
- Adjusting chart sizing by updating CSS values